Near and dear to my heart, the wonderful mother Susan Calvin taught me this recipe. They are rick-diculously easy and so good. Plus they are gluten free! More fun on Spoon.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 cup peanut butter (use smooth or crunchy, sweetened or unsweetened according to your preference)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a baking sheet (you may also line it with parchment paper).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar and egg with a fork until evenly combined.
3. Roll mixture with hands into 1-2 tablespoon balls and place on a pre-greased or parchment paper covered baking sheet. Make sure the balls are as evenly sized as possible.
4. Use a fork to flatten the balls and make a crisscross pattern.
5. Place in oven for approximately 16 minutes.
6. When cookies are done, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack until they are at room temperature.
7. While cookies are cooling, slowly melt the chocolate chips with the milk, stirring occasionally. Using a double boiler works best, however the microwave will also do the job.
8. When chocolate is fully melted and smooth, use a spoon to dab a small amount of chocolate on each cookie, just enough to spread evenly over the top.
9. Let the chocolate cool for about 20 minutes and serve.