This lean but filling chili is a spectacular way to jazz up your day with a bit of sweetness and a full flavored spice.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 hours
Total Time: 3-3 and 1/2 hours
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 lbs ground turkey
2 oz taco seasoning
1 tablespoon ground coriander
3 tablespoons cup dark brown sugar
2 cups chicken broth
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
2 15.5 oz cans canned beans (black, pinto, whatever your preference)
1 large yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 tablespoon Thai garlic chili sauce
1 tablespoon corn starch
1-2 cups water
1 cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella
1. In a large, thick pot over medium heat, brown the turkey in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Break up the turkey as it cooks.
2. Add taco seasoning and brown sugar and stir.
3. Add chicken broth and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, evaporating some of the liquid.
4. Coarsely dice the onion and bell peppers.
5. In a large pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, heat the diced onions to medium heat. Add bell peppers.
6. Add diced tomatoes and beans to the simmering turkey and stir.
7. When onions become translucent and have just begun to brown, add the peppers and onions to the large pot and combine.
8. Add Thai garlic chili sauce.
9. For a thicker chili, whisk 1 tablespoon of corn starch into a cup of water and add to pot, mixing thoroughly.
10. Allow mixture to simmer over low heat for approximately 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
11. When 2 hours is up, remove from heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Ladle chili into bowls and top each with some grated or shredded whole milk mozzarella and serve.